Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...

It's Golden Week in Japan, which means I have four days off work beginning tomorrow. It also means that, following Japanese custom, my family must travel somewhere, preferably some place inconvenient, expensive, and (especially) crowded (hot, muggy weather is optional). My wife (code name "Virgil") is generally responsible for planning and organizing these little excursions.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Harmony Land with my wife and daughter. Harmony Land is also known as "Kitty-chan Land". While there I expect to experience more "cuteness" in a few short hours than my consciousness has hitherto accumulated.

I'm not a religious man, but I would not deem your prayers for my well-being (mental and physical) inappropriate, if you should happen to feel so inclined. On the off chance that I'm still capable of rational, coherent thought when I return (if I return), pics and details will follow.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my dear! May the Gods extend their protective hands over your head! There's only one person I know who wouldn't only survive, but enjoy such kind of murderous sugar-loaded trip. Her name is... classified, and she happens to be my boss! who collects EVERY SINGLE ITEM of Kitty Chan she can get her hands on.

    Try to enjoy the happiness of your daughter. That may compensate, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is the only conceivable reason I would go to such a hell-hole. Her happiness is everything, but I'm not sure that this is the path to happiness...

    ReplyDelete