Monday, April 02, 2007

From the Stupid Department...

... another story from Korea's Chosun Ilbo. In this one, titled Vicky Says 'No!' to Export of Nude Photos to Japan, we learn that "[p]op star Vicky has refused to allow her nude photos to be exported to Japan."

I guess this "Vicky" is pretty famous in Korea and elsewhere (including Japan), because apparently thousands of people are willing to pay to see her naked. And, as the article informs us, Vicky is quite happy to oblige those in "China, Taiwan, the Philippines, Vietnam and other places" who have the cash in (one) hand. Contrary to appearances, however, Vicky has some standards of decency and there are some things she just won't do. She tells us
No matter how much I needed money, I wouldn't want my nude photos sent to Japan.

The producers of her nude photos have also taken a principled stand:
If we thought of just profits, we world [sic] try to convince Vicky to export her photos to Japan, but we want to want to [sic] respect her opposition.


I can't help but think, somewhat sarcastically, why would anyone in Japan want to gape at some Korean skank?* That's just stupid...

(*Yeah, I know, I'm going to hell for that. I just couldn't resist.)

[UPDATE: Thanks to James for pointing out what I should have noticed before running my mouth off: this article is from 2004. It was linked from the site's front page and I never bothered checking, etc... Doohh!!]

5 comments:

  1. The article is from 2004, but I doubt the stupidity of Korean nationalism has decreased one bit since then. The sad thing is that the western media is clueless that the real dangerous nationalism is in South Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, Ack! I didn't realize the article was that old! It was on their front page and I never bothered checking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so the story is almost three years old. So what? That's okay, it is still a wonderful and informative read. Shocking really.

    And of course, the use of "Japan" "nude" "photos" should be good for several hundred more hits off Google!!

    I am back reading today, as I have been out for a few days and you have been on a bit of a roll with your posts. You continually make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I leave you for a couple of days and then you post more than I can read in one hour!. How do you get your inspiration?
    On the other hand, although it was some kind of goof, it was a nice post. Indeed people are going stupid with this 'nationalism' stuff. I do believe a naked ass is a naked ass here, in Korea and in Japan. Who gives a dime?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really slack of me not to have checked the date of the article. It's prominent place on the site's front page ("most viewed") led me to assume it was new. I suppose in a way it only re-inforces the point...
    There's a bit of a lull here before university starts back up next week, so I'm posting more than usual. It will probably die down soon!

    GT, it's really funny how people end up here. Always glad to hear from you and thanks for your kind words.

    Usual Stuff, I believe "naked asses" are like any other human characteristic: the nice ones are evenly distributed throughout the world!

    ReplyDelete