Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Beezilla!

People everywhere are aware that Japan is home to some of the greatest monsters the world has ever seen. Godzilla, Mothra, Gidorah, Gamera, not to mention their "mecha-" counterparts, these are names that strike fear and terror into the hearts of reasonable people all around the world. Although I have the distinguished pleasure of being personal friends with Ultraman, I have never known the exquisite thrill of encountering one of Japan's mighty behemoths face to face. Until today...

One of the lesser-known (but no less mighty!) members of the Japanese monster pantheon is Beezilla. You would do well to remember this name, friends, for Beezilla is not a force to be trifled with! Beezilla will not go "splat" on your car's windshield! No, indeed, for your car is no match for Beezilla! My hands quivered with a combination of dreadful awe and excitement as I took the picture you see before you (and I'm not even allergic to bee stings...).

Hail, Beezilla!

4 comments:

  1. Wherever we encounter each other, wheter they are flies, cockroaches, ants or wasps, we have sworn each other ruthless war!!
    (That's a creepy pic. What size was that thing!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite a large bee. You should see some of the cockroaches here (but I guess Mexico, being hot, probably has some big ones too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ja, ja. In Mexico City, they can grow as big as 1 inch. In Veracruz, up to 3 inches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back in Canada, I saw my first cockroach when I was 35 years old. It was a tiny thing. I've seen ones here that were about 3 inches, big, dark, oily-looking things with "armor" and big spikes on their legs. During rainy season they crawl up the wall of my condo and sometimes come onto my balcony. We fight to the death...

    ReplyDelete