Tuesday, November 13, 2007

At Tsuno Shrine

This past Sunday I went with my wife and daughter to visit the in-laws in Tsuno (about an hour's drive north of Miyazaki). It's a pretty small town, but they have one of the more interesting Shinto shrines I've seen in these parts. The grounds around the shrine are very nicely kept up, and the combination of the trees and the sun makes for some interesting light (which, I'm afraid, I haven't done a very good job of capturing...). Anyway, here are a few pics (click to enlarge):









3 comments:

  1. I like the echo of the trees in the water.
    The series of shapes in the last photo, are quite enthralling, seeming so naturalistic, and yet whimsical, otherwordly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and where is the shrine in relation to the other photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taffiny,
    Thanks, glad you liked 'em. The shrine (and I think this is typical) is in a fairly large open space surrounded by trees and gardens, some of which also have smaller shrines in alcove-type settings. The garden in these pics is located behind and on the right side of the "photographer" in the first photo as he's facing the shrine.

    ReplyDelete