Friday, April 06, 2007

More Whining...

Ack. My home computer has been in the shop for the past couple of days (some problem with its DVD/RW drive), meaning that tonight, Friday night, the night of blogging and beer, I have to use this crappy laptop that you see in the picture. This machine rarely sees the internet, so before I could even look at my blog I had to update all my software (firewall, anti-virus, Windows updates, Firefox updates, etc, etc...). Not only that, this machine doesn't have much music on it (one can't drink beer without music!), doesn't have most of my bookmarks, doesn't have half the computing power of my regular pc, has that crappy laptop keyboard and screen (I need my glasses to use this sucker), and is just basically inferior. I should have just stayed at work...

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the unnafordable technology world. I usually post and read blogs at work. Since I decided to wait until holidays, I have to use our home computer, which has a slower connection and doesn't have my most recent bookmarks, just at yours, but hey, it could be worse: you might have found yourself with no computer at all... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had your work digs, I might not ever leave. Perhaps the beer ratio on a Friday night should be directionly proportionate to the quality of one's laptop. The more challenging the laptop is, the more beer one should drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usual Stuff, no computer?! I can't imagine such a hell!

    GT, in fact, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi K,
    Imagine this..no computer AT WORK!

    I would definitely die then...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maliha, no computer at work? Why, I'd have no reason to bother going...

    ReplyDelete