Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Imaginary Album

Since I haven't had an idea of my own for a while now, I thought it might be fun to do another imaginary album. (Explanation/rules/etc. at the link.)

Here's Learning from Failure by Peltularia.

Original Photo

  • Style: According to drummer/lead vocalist/primary songwriter Elmo Bliss, Peltularia's sound varies between early krautrock with heavier drums and English lyrics, and Carpenters infused grindcore. Joe Slobizkowitz, reviewing their last album in Rolling Stone, opined that Peltularia reminded him of "nothing more or less than the hammer of Thor pulverizing a big pile of cooked spaghetti".
  • Influences: Kraftwerk, Can, The Carpenters, Napalm Death, Sepultura, Gong
  • Lyric: Machine men have only just begun/To live on the Autobahn/'Cause just like me/They all wanna be on top of the world (from "Machine Men Close to the Autobahn on Top of the World")
  • Quote: (From guitarist Lars Vindaloo) "On our next album I'm going for a sound something like Yngwie Malmsteen playing like Keith Richards if he had taken lessons from Yngwie Malmsteen."
  • What Lester Bangs would say if he were still alive: Is that fuckin' chicken!? Where the fuck is my copy of Hot Rocks?

2 comments:

  1. Man, that was funny! I couldn't stop laughing.
    "the hammer of Thor pulverizing a big pile of cooked spaghetti" LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it, Psephis. I enjoy writing about things that don't exist. I think about them all the time, in fact!

    ReplyDelete