Thursday, March 19, 2009

Imaginary Album

Although I've been goaded into playing along in the past, I'm not really into the "I tag so and so" meme thing. I saw the one I'm about to show you while checking out Resonant Enigma's blog and was somewhat taken with the idea (in fact I'm actually volunteering to do this one):
1. Get your band name by generating a Random Article on Wikipedia. The title of the article is your band name.

2.Check this page for Random Quotes to get the album title. Last few words of the last quote on the page.

3.Then get your album art from this page that produces random Flikr photos, copyright free under Creative Commons.

4.Use Photoshop or whatever editing software you have to make it look good. You know, like a real "album covah!"

5.Write a little blurb describing what kind of music you think it would be.
And so, here it is:

Original Photo Credit: ooOJasonOoo

Heroin--Enjoy the Interval
  • Style: Self-described as Lou Reed influenced emo by lead singer/guitar player Joey St. Augustine. Others might call it Dylan on downers after an all-night binge of listening to Sabbath.
  • Influences: Lou Reed, Green Day, Gwar, The Partridge Family
  • Lyric: The sky is blue/ The sea is calm/ I ate some fruit/ I killed my mom
  • Quote: "Rock 'n' roll is like cool, ya know, and I really dig the bands that play that shit. But we really wanna roll 'n' rock, yeah? I mean, that's the kinda sound we're goin' for."
  • What Lester Bangs would say if he were still alive: Philip Seymour Hoffman? Almost Famous? Fuck, I'm glad I'm dead.
[The band name, title, and photo seem almost too good to be random, but I swear that's what came up first when I clicked the links. I think I'll have to do this again sometime...]

3 comments:

  1. That is a good one! Unbelievable, but it does happen. I really enjoyed your 'blurbs.'
    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post totally goes to eleven!

    Joey St. Augustine (as good-looking as the late Joey Ramone?) sounds a bit like =the drummer in Spinal Tap who says he could live without one of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.D.,
    Actually the blurb is the funnest part. I'm thinking of doing a regular "What Lester Bangs Would Say" feature...

    Susan,
    Spinal tap looms large over all things "rock"...

    ReplyDelete