Saturday, March 06, 2010

Hole in the Bucket

Back in my days as an over-aged university student I worked a couple of years in the kitchen of a pub in Halifax. I worked with regular-aged students in pretty shitty conditions for pretty shitty pay. These kids became my friends and, in a very real sense, they became my educators. I'd like to think I taught them a thing or two as well, but who knows?

I learned a bit about rap/hip hop. I heard Spearhead. I didn't know there was a video for this:




More like that, please...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, man. Talk about reworked bits of my childhood ...

    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to break the good feeling, but I just noticed your blogroll and I figured better to know sooner than later, so ... did you hear the sad news?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brendan,
    Glad you enjoyed.
    Yeah, I heard the sad news from your blog, actually. I plan to leave the link on my blogroll for now, until I figure out a more permanent place to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the blogroll aspect. If I had hand-built mine, instead of using the Blogger widget, I would have added some sort of decoration to the Jon Swift link.

    However, I am certainly at least going to leave it. I've already turned one other person that I know about onto Jon's work, who had never heard of him until this sad news.

    That is the beauty of art, that it can live on after its creator has departed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came looking for this song, and saw that the particular vid has been removed. Here's another link, if you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brendan. Fixed! You came *here* looking for that song...? :-)

      Delete