- 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
- 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Rules 1 and 2 are no problem; I don't really mind being tagged. I'm afraid I'll have to pass on rules 3 and 4, though. (You guessed it! I don't have 7 friends. This is my secret shame!)
Anyway, without further ado, 7 random things about me:
- I was expelled in my first week of high school for setting off a stink bomb in a stairwell (my parents were, shall we say, somewhat less than pleased). The kicker is that I was completely innocent of the charge. I remember it like it was yesterday... I'm sitting in homeroom at the beginning of the second day, when my teacher comes in, looks at me, and tells me they want to see me down in the office. As I'm getting up to go, he calls out, "you better take your books and stuff with you." I walk down to the office trying to figure out what the fuck I could have done to warrant this. Damn, it was only the second day! Turns out that some little shit (probably the guy who actually did it) told the principal that he'd seen me near the stairwell when the stink bomb went off. I was given no chance to defend myself and was sent home for a week. (This is how good kids turn bad, my friends, and don't ever fucking kid yourselves.) I would eventually get my revenge. In my second year I managed to steal the "detention book," releasing dozens of students from untold hours of boredom and drudgery. I got back at the rat, too, but that's a story unto itself...
- As anyone who comes here regularly has already figured out, I'm an atheist and an existentialist. This means, of course, that I have no sense of right and wrong and I would just as soon kill a motherfucker as shake his hand. And I eat babies.
- Shameless self-promotion (1): I made the Dean's List every year I was in university, and was awarded a full scholarship to do my Master's Degree. I'm an asshole, but a well-educated one.
- Shameless self-promotion (2): As a first-year university student I got an "A" in a class on Aristotle's Metaphysics (a seminar class populated mostly by grad students). I've translated (from Greek) large chunks of Homer's Odyssey and several plays by Euripides (among other things).
- Shameless self-promotion (3): I'm a pretty good drummer. See:
- Having said the above, I'm actually a pretty modest person if you meet me! I'm a pretty good guy to have a beer with, too!
- When I was 14 I broke my collar bone in a bicycle accident. It's the only bone I've ever broken, although I took a few stiches in the head a few years ago falling down some stairs (it was my birthday...), and I've sprained both ankles (motorcycle accident/frisbee catch at the beach), among other things. I'm starting to get a bit... wobbly...