Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Home (2): The North River

The North River runs just a few hundred meters south of my Mom's house. When I was a kid I used to spend summers here swimming and partying with friends. Unfortunately, various construction-related activities (mainly to prevent flooding) have made my old swimming holes too shallow to swim in, and some property owners have restricted or prohibited access to the river's banks.

Here are a few pics of the river taken one day while I was "trespassing" (click to enlarge).









2 comments:

  1. Oh. my. GOSH. A clean river just a few meters from your backdoor!!. I just don't believe it. It's not that Mexico is bad, but Canada truly looks like paradise...
    I wish I could live there...
    despite the terrifying winters I've heard about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usual Stuff,
    Winter in Canada is actually quite lovely... for about 15 minutes...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete