Monday, September 17, 2007

Halifax (1)

As I mentioned before, I took a shitload of pictures while I was home in Nova Scotia. I won't post them all here (I heard those sighs of relief!), but over the coming days and (possibly) weeks I will likely be posting quite a few. Again, I don't think my photos are really so hot, but I hope they're good enough to give you some idea of Nova Scotia and why I love it so much there. Here are a few pics of my favorite city, Halifax. There'll be lots more coming. (Click to enlarge.)

Looking up from the waterfront to Citadel Hill.


Downtown Halifax is party central, especially in the summer. My old stomping grounds: the Diamond and the Economy Shoe Shop.


Shopping at the Black Market.


A pretty typical South End street.


Another South End street.

5 comments:

  1. Oh it does look very pretty and pretty cool, can see why you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usual Stuff,
    I never thought of Halifax as romantic, but I suppose it could be for a visitor.

    Verilion,
    Yes, especially in summer! I wouldn't recommend visiting in winter (at least not the first time)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful. I love the oldness of it, the worn and lived in look, as though lots of people have a shared history there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dan,
    Yeah, I didn't mention it in the post, but most of the buildings in those pics have been designated as "heritage"--they can't be torn down.

    ReplyDelete