Friday, July 27, 2007

A Real Pain in the Neck (and Shoulder and Upper Arm and Elbow...)

It hurts to use my computer. It hurts to sit down in front of my computer. It hurts thinking about using my computer...

I've been out of action all week because of the pinched nerve I mentioned in my last post. Two doctors, more ineffective painkillers, and a few days of "rehabilitation" later, I'm actually in worse shape (subjectively, at least) than I was a week ago. I'm only posting something now because, well, the pain has become my companion, if you know what I mean. That, and it's my birthday today, so pain be damned.

My wife has said she'll permit me to drink beer tonight if I don't take any painkillers. Sounds good to me! Hopefully I'll be back in a few hours to catch up on what you guys have been up to and maybe post some nonsense or other...

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Pain Man! And tell your wife from me she's a spoilsport for not letting you knock back beer AND painkillers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kyklops. Hope you get suitably plastered to forget the pain for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Angry,
    Thanks for the b-day greeting. My wife will be asleep soon...

    Verilion,
    Thanks. Hopefully the pain will go away on its own before too long. In the meantime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, bubba!!! Don't worry about the lack of booze, I'll celebrate for you tonight, New Orleans time. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenn,
    Thanks! Actually I'm having a few tonight to, um, take the edge off. Beginning to get "comfortably numb"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and one other thing - TAKE PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What, you like my pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Special K... Hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete