Friday, February 06, 2009

Please Don't Adjust Your Sets...

A minor program note for the 3 or 4 of you who drop by here regularly: I've decided that it's a bit awkward and cumbersome to make people who actually know my name refer to me as "Kyklops." Therefore, although this blog will likely always be named Kyklops, posts will now be signed by my real name--Rick...

Huh? Just one name? (you're asking yourselves--or not). Yeah, just one name. I'm like one of those Brazilian soccer players, you know... In fact, if I were a pro hockey player, I think I'd just go by "Rick." Of course, if I were in the NHL using only my first name I'd probably get the shit kicked out of me about 20 times before the end of the first period of the first game I played.

This is just a blog, though...

6 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of the story of Greta Garbo who, after seeing Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast, exclaimed, "Give me back my beast."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn,
    I haven't seen the film, so the reference escapes me--although I can take a good stab and flatter myself that I get it! ;-)
    "Kyklops" is the natural name of this blog and it's author. I spent my grad years analyzing Odysseus and Polyphemos. In the header Aristotle is referring to the Kyklopes. The word itself literally means "round eye." Then there's my whole existential thing...
    But, my name is Rick... and I'm still an asshole...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you blew it. Now everyone knows. Interpol is sending memos everywhere. "We suspected Rick was behind all this. Now we know."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interpol? Those buffoons? Mmbwahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... I LIKED Kyklops. Bah. Just goes to show that in life things always have to change...

    Not saying that Rick is a crap name, though, obviously. (Cough cough do you think he noticed?)

    Have to say, I quite like my alter ego. Makes me feel like a very low-powered superhero. No actual superpowers as such - what do you call a superhero with no superpowers? A normalhero? An Inferio?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I didn't notice this before.

    And: CAPTCHA is "scurr!" A good day for them.

    ReplyDelete