Monday, March 02, 2009

In-N-Out

You know you're in California when...


... you have lunch at an In-N-Out.

A strange thing happened just after taking this shot. I had no sooner snapped it when some sort of security person scooted up to me in a golf-cart-type vehicle and told me that it was forbidden to take pictures. Having no desire to be deported back to Canada via Guantanamo, I meekly turned off my camera and put it back into its case. I suppose the "no pictures" rule may have had something to do with the fact that I was technically on a university campus (UC Irvine). Nevertheless, North America seems weirder to me every time I come back...

2 comments:

  1. It's because In-N-Out is a prime terrorist target and they thought you were doing recon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    Well, clearly if the "evil-doers" managed to cut off the supply of hamburgers, America would collapse...

    ReplyDelete