Saturday, March 07, 2009

Back in Japan

So, back in Japan, I have to spend a night in Tokyo before going back to Miyazaki in the morning. This might sound like fun, but it was Friday morning when I left L.A., and Saturday night when I arrived in Tokyo. I'm getting too old for this shit...

Anyway, I've got enough time to have a shower and drink a few beers from the vending machine down the hall before waking up at the crack of dawn to take the train to the airport and get on my plane to Miyazaki.

A couple of pics from this pretty representative Japanese "business hotel":




Of course, when I get home, my first duty will be to shower my daughter with presents. Right now I'm kicking myself in the ass because I've just realized that the "Complete Season 1 of Spongebob Squarepants" DVD set, which was to be the centerpiece of my gift-giving, probably won't play in a Japanese DVD player. My daughter will probably get over the disappointment, I suppose. I don't know if I will, though...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my God, that room is like a jail cell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn,
    Heh. Yeah, I suppose it's about the same size. You're aware, of course, that there's lots smaller here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hall looks like it needs an ugly-ass psycho killer with supernatural powers coming down it. Oh, I know, video, it's a still shot, but...look away...and he's gotten closer.

    EEEaagh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least you didn't have one of those capsule rooms...
    helloooo claustrophobia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    Heh, these are actually not scary places at all, but I can see how the pic may give that impression!

    AV,
    Yes, this was definitely better than a capsule room. Business hotel rooms tend to be very small, but they're generally very clean and modern. You can't really see it, but these rooms also have their own bathroom. If you're only staying a night or too they're comfortable enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice photos dude!

    ReplyDelete