Friday, March 20, 2009

Hey, Listen to This!

Just click the thingie below.

Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings--Nobody's Baby
Alt. Link

My work is done. Well, actually, it ain't, if anyone listened to that and thought, "that sounds like Amy Winehouse's band." Google it, please.

I'm currently working myself up to a major (for me) post on a Millie Jackson tune. I'm not researching (heaven forbid), or anything. I'm just mapping it out in my head. There will be a question asked, though: Why do modern R&B/pop singers resort to double entendres and innuendo (etc.) to express things that singers in the 70s said in plain English?

The dog's yawning, it's time to go to bed...

2 comments:

  1. Return to pre-1970s blues roots? Maybe without the food metaphors...I haven't heard the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Susan I stupidly didn't even mention the Millie Jackson song "Summer (The First Time)." Just late-night rambling to myself.

    ReplyDelete