Thursday, November 06, 2008

None Shall Pass

Reading stuff like this:
The conservative in me hopes that Obama sees the wisdom in governing as a centrist, if not a center-right, president.
Conservatives believe that we have the right solutions to the problems that face all Americans, and that it would be better for the country if Democrats adopted the right policies, even if it helped their party politically.
--Jonah Goldberg, New York Post

And this:
He [Obama] may have opened the door to enactment of the long-deferred liberal agenda, but he neither received a broad mandate from the public nor the needed large congressional majorities.
--Robert Novak, Chicago Sun Times

Reminded me of this:



"The Black Knight always triumphs!" Heh.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had a job where people would pay me to write that all intelligent people should think exactly the way I do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artsparker,
    Yeah. I thought that's what blogs were for! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry too much; Bush, Cheney and their cronies are no longer relevant, and Sarah Palin has been tagged and safely released back into the wild. The right wing is silenced for the time being. Any journo can say what they like - Obama has the unconditional love of most of the world.

    If only he wasn't inheriting the most difficult circumstances of pretty much any president ever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! It's amazing how often the Black Knight has worked as a metaphor for the GOP this entire campaign, but I never thought about it in all this "we are a center-right nation"/"there is no mandate" pleading that those on Wingnut Welfare have been churning out.

    ReplyDelete