Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mad Men

On Saturday I started watching season 1 of Mad Men. I just finished it this evening. Now I know what everyone's been talking about. I like it. Very much. In fact, I'd almost forgotten that a straight-forward, gimmick-free TV drama could be this good.

I suppose some might say that it's a period piece, which can be its own kind of gimmick. But I'm not buying any of that. Mad Men may take place ever-so-slightly beyond my memory's fingertips, but I was alive then and I have memories of other people's memories... Period piece my ass...

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant writing plus brilliant acting equals great TV. And the clothes are fabulous. And Don Draper isn't bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nasim,
    Yeah, there's a lot to like. Miss Holloway, for example...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete