Friday, March 05, 2010

More Common Than You Might Think

Assholum Canadianum:
Canada's immigration minister says he takes "full responsibility" for a citizenship study guide that had all references to gay rights removed.
[...]
Records obtained by The Canadian Press show that an early draft of the guide, meant to prepare immigrants for citizenship tests starting March 15, contained sections citing milestones in gay rights, including decriminalization of homosexuality in 1969 and the same-sex marriage law of 2005.
But Kenney's office ordered those sections removed from the draft, and rebuffed an effort by bureaucrats to have them re-inserted last August. The new guide was released with fanfare in November.
The Canadian conservative: an asshole by any other name, eh?

5 comments:

  1. With regards study to guides etc.: I have put one of the most comprehensive link lists for hundreds of thousands of statistical sources and indicators (economics, demographics, health etc.) on my blog: Statistics Reference List. And what I find most fascinating is how data can be visualised nowadays with the graphical computing power of modern PCs, as in many of the dozens of examples in these Data Visualisation References. If you miss anything that I might be able to find for you or if you yourself want to share a resource, please leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, OK Chris, can you visualize for me how often key words or phrases in comment sections of blogs result in spam? Visualize that for me, will ya? Damn, I need me some data visualization references, and statistical ones, too. Clearly this blog will suck without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unclear on the concept of "public office".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and serving.

    I want to be a maven too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    I think you're being too kind!

    ReplyDelete