Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Y'all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?

For some reason, this post from last week (on those Evony ads that seem to be all over the web these days) has been responsible for the biggest spike in traffic in the entire history of this humble blog. Yesterday completely smashed my previous single-day record for visitors. (Hey, I'm talking like, way more than 30, OK!? Heh.)

This likely had more to do with the timing of the post than with its actual content. In fact, not one of the hundreds of people who clicked through from Google left a comment, and very few stayed for more than a couple of seconds or checked out anything else on this blog. Of course, the fact that I mocked Evony and anyone who would be interested in it might have something to do with that particular detail.

It's so hard to make friends...

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard sometimes to get through to people, don't you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know, Glenn. On the plus side, I don't really have the time or energy to run a "popular" blog. (How's that for... hmm, what would you call it? "Self-fulfilling" something or other...?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Popular" ... eewww. I'd rather be an acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean and I agree, Glenn.

    ReplyDelete