Friday, June 12, 2009

Lucky

My work buddy and I gave our presentation today here in Johor Bahru. It went pretty smoothly and several people spoke to us about it when we were finished.

We took a cab to a different part of town and went to a Thai restaurant where we had a very good meal. One dish, a soup, was really fucking spicy--I mean burn your heart and lungs out spicy. I had two bowls, mainly because I'm an idiot, but also because it was really quite tasty. (If that makes no sense to you, well, maybe you should get out a bit more...)

Right now I'm sitting in my hotel room drinking beer that I purchased at a 7/11 down the street from the hotel. I'm listening to Social Distortion on my PC and posting to this blog. As I'm pondering whether or not to venture out to get a few more beers, it occurs to me that I'm one lucky bastard. Or privileged. Same thing, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment