- The last band I ever played in once opened for the legendary Blue Öyster Cult. It was the proudest moment of my life, up to that point. After we played the first set (and we fuckin' rocked!), BOC came on and blew us off the stage (naturally). It was a bar gig, so we had to go back on and play the last, early-morning set (finishing about 3:30 am). As we were playing I saw my girlfriend leave with guitarist Buck Dharma. The other guys saw it too. I'm intimately familiar with the concept "the highs and lows of life"...
- I can't fucking stand "reality" TV shows (unless "The Osbournes" counts as a "reality" show).
- My favorite sandwich, which my father taught me how to make, is sardines on toast with mustard and sliced raw onion. Damn, it's been about 10 years since I had one...
- Somebody (I really don't remember who) once said something like "you should try everything twice because you may have missed something the first time." This has been a guiding principle of my life.
- My Dad served (as a member of the Canadian Army) with the UN in Korea (before he met my mother) and later in Cyprus. My father was both a good man and a soldier (listen up, kids!). He was proud to have served with UN peace-keeping forces (listen up, Americans!). It would be an understatement to say that my father's military service, and his stories about that service, have informed my own opinions about the role of the military in world affairs.
- As a "Canadian living and working in Japan" I derive a perverse pleasure from referring to Canada as the "old country."
- I miss Canada terribly.
- I love my family dearly.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Between work and my ongoing physical pain I haven't been able to post much lately. A couple of weeks ago my online bud Daniel tagged me with the "8 Things" meme. I haven't forgotten you, Daniel! I've already done this one (about a month ago) but, being the egotistical swine that I am, it shouldn't be too difficult for me to come up with eight more "fascinating" details about me and my life.