Saturday, August 11, 2007

Random Ramblings...

Are we what we do? Is it inconceivable that, say, the best French chef in the world might actually hate French food? Would this make him, somehow, less professional? Isn't the very essence of "professionalism" doing the very best job you can while putting your personal feelings aside? Is it inconceivable that the best person in the world for some particular job might actually hate that job at the same time as she's trying to re-define it?

Would you say that what someone does is ultimately more important than what he says? (Think carefully, lest ye become an existentialist!)

What would you say about a guy who didn't give a shit what he did for a living, as long as it kept his family in food and clothes, etc.?

------------------------

Personally, I think the world would be a better place if everyone liked White Zombie.

5 comments:

  1. I'd say "hello, my name is Chez"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, we simply are. What we do and what we say is not who we are.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I hate my job. Anyway, I always do my very best to accomplish any given task, and try to keep a smile on my face. Why? Because 'good' in life starts in the head. I think this guy is right: you may have perfection without love. Just keep your trap shut! jajajaja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chez! (I think we see "eye to eye" on a number of things, buddy).

    AV, shit, is this the "new existentialism" or something? My brain hurts...

    Usual Stuff, it's not my job I hate so much, it's the entire concept of "work". But, as the Japanese say, "shoganai" (it can't be helped). I don't really hate my job, but there are a million things I'd rather be doing.
    I admire anyone who does their job well, but we are not robots.

    Verilion, mission accomplished! ;-)

    ReplyDelete