Friday, February 16, 2007

And the Winner Is...

...not me! Maht over at The Moon Topples has announced the winners of the Vision Fiction Contest (scroll down a bit to read the stories) that I've told you about in some earlier posts. While I didn't win any prizes it was fun to have participated nonetheless. The winning stories really were outstanding. In fact, all of the stories were quite good (well, with the possible exception of mine, which I'll be posting here as soon as I'm done writing this; be gentle, dear readers!).

I want to give special congratulations to my online friend, Emarie, over at Disaffected Housewife, who took third place in the writer's category. Her story, "Eye Exam, 2208", is well worth checking out. After you've read it, go visit her blog!

2 comments:

  1. Pity you didn't win. A piece of advice given to me by an awarded writer here in Mexico was not to think about making the best story, but writing for the judges. Targetting the stories is good if you want the prize. It worked for me once. Hope it may work for you as well, and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I haven't won anything since a "perfect attendance" award junior year in high school.

    By the way, this amusing article about Sting made me think of you. Check it out if you're interested.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2160017/nav/tap2/

    ReplyDelete