Friday, May 30, 2008

Avian Loo: The Birthing

In the past few weeks I've posted a couple of times about a pigeon who's made a nest in the toilet here at work, and the egg that she's laid. Well, nature has taken its course:



Sorry about the rather poor angle of the picture, but it was the best I could do without actually picking the little bird up and moving it. (I've often heard that it's a bad idea to touch baby birds--the mother may abandon them, etc. I don't know if these stories are true or not, but I didn't feel like risking it just for the sake of a cute picture.)

UPDATE: I took a peek just a few minutes ago and managed to get this somewhat better shot of baby and mom together:

4 comments:

  1. ... I didn't feel like risking it just for the sake of a cute picture.

    You missed the chance to say: I didn't feel like risking it for a cheep thrill.

    What? No laughs? Not even a peep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since getting married I've had to forgo the thrill of picking up chicks...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice update, too. You should make a new post -- I wouldn't have seen the second photo had I not left a comment. (Checking for a reply is what drew me back for a second visit.)

    ReplyDelete