Sunday, March 09, 2008

Unrelated Segments

This morning I asked my 5-year-old what she wanted to do today. She told me that she wanted to go to the park. When I explained that we couldn't go to the park because it was raining she paused for a moment to think about it, shrugged, and calmly said "fuck it." My wife, naturally enough, was not amused. As I sputtered plausible denials from behind a mask of fatherly concern, I reflected on my daughter's quite impressive sense of timing (awkward for me though it was) and her natural-sounding pronunciation and intonation. I guess it's just the "teacher" in me.

-------------------------

I think I've found the "perfect" death metal tune. Whether or not it's actually "good" remains an open question. It really gets going at about the 43 second mark. Bonus points if you can pick out a single word in any known language from the "vocals.".
Kronos-Submission


-------------------------

I stumbled across this oddity in my music archives the other day, from a movie trailer (or possibly a radio ad) for Another Day, Another man (1966): "Possessed with sex, they know no shame!" I'd pay just to hear the music for this one!
Another Day, Another Man

And check out the poster (click to enlarge)! They just don't make 'em like this any more.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff... reminds me of when I started at primary school one term late and was soon invited to another boy's 6th birthday party. His mother engaged me in conversation:

    Mum - "So are you new at school?"
    Me - "Yes, Mrs X"
    Mum - "Are you enjoying it?"
    Me - "Fuck off!"

    Needless to say, the dinner party invites for my parents dried up somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tafkass,
    I'm not sure what dinner parties are like in your neck of the woods, but I suspect your Dad was secretly grateful.

    ReplyDelete