Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yeah, Right...

Don't believe everything you read.What's that old "Chinese proverb"? Something like, "It's better to keep one's mouth shut and appear to be a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"? Or was it, "He who farts in church sits in pew"? I forget... Anyway, somewhere some squirrels running on exercise wheels squeezed out a few bingo balls and, as if by magic, translated the findings into a bunch of 0's and 1's and deemed the content of this blog to be of such a high level that only a genius could possibly comprehend it. I have, in my oh-so-subtle way, been trying to convince everybody of this fact for several months now. What's that old Klingon saying? "Revenge is a dish best served cold"? Or was it, "He who laughs last, laughs best"? I don't know, whatever it was I think that, on this auspicious occasion, it's quite appropriate. I mean, you know what they say in Japan: "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down." Or was it "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"? Fucked if I know and, as that great sage of our age, Yosemite Sam, is fond of saying, "It don't make no no-how to me anyhow"...

[H/T: Glenn]

5 comments:

  1. Mate, anyone who needs convincing that you're a genius isn't smart enough to understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Angry,
    Thanks. You know what they say: "It takes one to know one!"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. An idioim at every corner, but a genius indeed. Congrats on that.

    Love the shot of your daugher and the slide. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bastard. I only got high-school level.

    I comfort myself by attributing the ranking to the clarity of my prose.

    Plus, Althouse is junior high school level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAI,
    Are you sure you don't mean an idiot at every corner? ;-)
    Glad you liked the pic.

    Brendan,
    I comfort myself that nobody can figure out what I'm on about yet some logarithm says it's genius. I will serve our future robot overlords well...

    ReplyDelete