Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Skiving Off Work Video: The Stones

Regular readers probably figured out a while ago that I'm a Stones fan. It's my blessing and my curse...

Today's video shows the Stones, circa 1995, doing a live performance of one of their classic songs, "Gimme Shelter". I have to tell you right now that I was very happy to have come across this video. The band is in top form (seriously, for any Stones era you'd care to name), and this blues-infused rendition of the song positively smokes. Keith and Ronnie in particular sound really good. Even if you hate the Stones you should really check out the brief female vocal part after the guitar solo. On fire! (I wonder how the Stones keep finding these incredible female vocalists year after year...)

Oh yeah, Jack Nicholson was at the show. He seemed to have had a good time (if that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is...).



Now please have a beer and listen to the Stones again for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment