Thursday, January 13, 2011

Humbled

It's not easy being exposed as a mere dilettante. From Asiajin:
A Japanese blog “Watashi ha Mainichi (no you ni) Jidou Hanbaiki no Shashin wo Totte imasu. Gomen-nasai” [J], which means “I am taking a photo of the vendor machine (almost) every day. Sorry”, is a blog dedicated for the same coca cola vending machine in Sapporo, Hokkaido with over 5 years’ successful story.

The blog started on August 5th, 2005. The blogger Ryuichi Ikeda has been taking a coca cola vending machine about 20 days every month, which seems his working day. Now the number of photos (and the blog posts) are about 1,300, in over 5 years.
I'll survive this humiliation. Somehow.

11 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! Congratulations! sp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chill, man. He's an obsessive who could use some help. Nothing but vending machines? I mean, NOTHING but vending machines!

    Okay, so vending machines are a part of your life, they're figures in a landscape. They are not your universe. Your vending machines inhabit an environment, they're a part of a greater whole. These other vending machines are like rubber stamps. Weird and creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sussah,
    Er, thanks! I think... ;-)

    Glenn,
    Glenn, you missed a detail: it's not "nothing but vending machines," it's THE SAME FUCKING VENDING MACHINE every day for 5 years!!
    I'm quite impressed by this for some reason (that's best just left alone, probably!).
    I take your point, though... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... no wonder it looked like a rubber stamp. That's just ... eewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Rick, I was rushing last night when I made the comment, I was thinking they were citing you and botching the information. From my eyes, you are a fine art photographer and a devoted Canadian-style say-it-like-you-mean-it writing blogger. This other person is, to put a positive spin on it, a performance artist. The negative spin is that it makes you wonder about his mental health. thanks, and I love YOUR version of the Japanese vending machines. sp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sussah,
    That's what I suspected when I saw your first comment! And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, guys, I was really only kidding about the "humiliation" stuff. (Although I was, as I said, kinda impressed!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never couple you and "humiliation" in the same thought. Now, if you'd like me to ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rick's the king.
    The other guy was hired by Coca-Cola.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenn,
    You've never seen me "help" my kid with her math homework!

    Psephis,
    Thanks, but I kinda wish Coke would hire *me*!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete