Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ibusuki/Mt. Kaimon

While in Kagoshima last week we stayed one night in Ibusiki, at a rather posh hotel where we got to experience the "medically proven" effects of an Ibusuki sand bath.
This Sand Bath in Ibusuki is very unusual throughout the entire world. Bury yourself in the sand comfortably, and have some snooze with a sound of the sea.... After burried in the sand, you can take a bath in big bathhouse, wash off the sand and refresh like... a baby!
Image Source

I don't know if I'm any healthier due to the sand bath, but it was relaxing (a bit less intense than a sauna). The best part for my daughter and I was breaking out of the sand when we were done and pretending we were zombies beginning our march to the mall.

Ibusuki is also known for (among other things) Mt. Kaimon. I took the shots below while we were visiting the "Parking Garden" (I have no idea why it's called that) of Cape Nagasaki-bana.



No comments:

Post a Comment