Monday, May 18, 2009

Kreativ Kyklops

Blogging friend Absolute Vanilla, in a display of either perverse humor or the early signs of oncoming dementia (Happy Birthday, sweetie!), has given me one of those blog award thingies:


[Is there some rule that says these things have to be designed with colors I would never be caught dead wearing? Just kidding!]

I generally do my best to avoid these meme things, but since it's AV's birthday, and since she's one of only a handful of people that regularly drop by and leave a comment, and in the interests of fostering world peace, saving the rain forests, feeding the poor, being the best that I can be, and all that other stuff, I figured I could play along this one time.

According to the rules I guess I'm supposed to list "seven things that I love." In an attempt to make it interesting for you, the reader, I'm going to leave out the obvious: my wife, daughter, mother, family, etc. So, OK, seven things I love, in no particular order:

1. I love the perverse genius of this, surely the greatest photoshop of all time (the "DK" in the background is a nice touch):


2. I love this album, the best Stones album ever:


3. I love the coolest game on earth, and the childhood memory this picture evokes:


4. I love The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe. (I've been an SF geek since childhood).


5. I love beer.


6. I love pina coladas and making... doh! Actually, I love William Shatner. Seriously, I can't think of a funnier, more honest, more entertaining actor on TV. And don't even get me started on James Kirk. That guy had the best job in the history of jobs...


7. Well, OK, I love my wife, my daughter, my mother, my sisters, the rest of my family, and all you zombies, too!

3 comments:

  1. I always enjyed the way Shatner broke up sentences into emphatic but illogical phonetic groupings in his Star trek days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey rick ... ice hockey scares the hell out of me! the speed, the way they whack each other on the ankles - and that hurtling puck! (if that is that the word, i am hardly an aficianado.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    Yeah, he was an anti-Spock in every sense!

    NMJ,
    I understand why hockey might look scary to anyone unfamiliar with it--razor sharp skates, wooden clubs, hardened rubber flying around (yes, it's a "puck"), not to mention frequent fights. I played it all through my school years, though, and was never once injured. A live hockey game beats any other team sport for sheer sensory excitement (the sound of the skates on the ice, the sticks hitting the puck, the thunderous body checks into the boards!), and the speed of the game makes it the hands-down king of sports!

    ReplyDelete