Blogging friend Absolute Vanilla, in a display of either perverse humor or the early signs of oncoming dementia (Happy Birthday, sweetie!), has given me one of those blog award thingies:
[Is there some rule that says these things have to be designed with colors I would never be caught dead wearing? Just kidding!]
I generally do my best to avoid these meme things, but since it's AV's birthday, and since she's one of only a handful of people that regularly drop by and leave a comment, and in the interests of fostering world peace, saving the rain forests, feeding the poor, being the best that I can be, and all that other stuff, I figured I could play along this one time.
According to the rules I guess I'm supposed to list "seven things that I love." In an attempt to make it interesting for you, the reader, I'm going to leave out the obvious: my wife, daughter, mother, family, etc. So, OK, seven things I love, in no particular order:
1. I love the perverse genius of this, surely the greatest photoshop of all time (the "DK" in the background is a nice touch):
2. I love this album, the best Stones album ever:
3. I love the coolest game on earth, and the childhood memory this picture evokes:
4. I love The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe. (I've been an SF geek since childhood).
5. I love beer.
6. I love pina coladas and making... doh! Actually, I love William Shatner. Seriously, I can't think of a funnier, more honest, more entertaining actor on TV. And don't even get me started on James Kirk. That guy had the best job in the history of jobs...
7. Well, OK, I love my wife, my daughter, my mother, my sisters, the rest of my family, and all you zombies, too!