Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Unintentional Car-Jacking

A couple of weeks ago I was at the mall with my daughter. When it was time to leave the rain was coming down really hard, and we'd left our umbrellas in the car. We looked at each other and shouted "run!" and ran to the car with the rain pelting us.

At the car I tried to open the door with my key, but something was wrong. "What the...?" I began to say, when suddenly the car opened from *the inside,* revealing an old woman with a shocked expression on her face--the kind of expression you'd expect from someone who thinks some mad gaijin is trying to car-jack her...

I sputtered a "sumimasen" (excuse me) as my daughter burst out laughing. Soon I was laughing too; and like a couple of crazy pirates we ran laughing through the parking lot in the pouring rain looking for my car...

2 comments:

  1. Good thing that was there and not here. Granny would have had a gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn,
    That never occurred to me. Probably would not have a "happy" ending anywhere in Canada either...

    ReplyDelete