Saturday, August 29, 2009

Old Man

[Yeah, we knew the old bastard couldn't last a Friday night without posting some lame-ass old crap...]

It may shock some readers to know that I'm actually not old enough to have been around back during the days when folkies congregated in coffee shops. I've heard about such things, though. And being a rocker at heart, I've never been much into the singer/songwriter thing generally. That type generally reminds me of wankers at parties who'd turn off the stereo in order to inflict me (yes, me--it was the 70's, right?) with their notions of love and all that other boring shit. Attention whores.

There were exceptions, though, to things as I imagined them. There were (and are) a handful of people who could keep me nailed to a seat for an hour or two with nothing more than a guitar or piano and their own voices. The fact that most of that very small group come from Canada is, to me, less a sign of any kind of Canadian superiority in these things than it is a sign of how well Canadians know American stuff. (There. The secret's out. I'm a traitor to Canada! I won't be asking for asylum In America, though. I'm in Japan! Hahaha!)

Where was I? Oh yeah. Neil Young. I'm afraid if you don't like Neil Young, then you truly are a wanker of some sort (don't ask me which--you think I'm some kind of wanker expert, or something?). There has been a shitload of old Neil Young performances released in the last couple of years. I'm not sure what this video is taken from, but it's very high quality. It's also incredibly stunning.

Remember Neil Young's voice?

2 comments:

  1. I like how he looks like java man, the most handsome of the prehistoric men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I love Neil Young. He's not on my MP3 player right now, though. I'll have to fix that...

    ReplyDelete