Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wired

It may seem that I've become a bit fixated on wires lately, but there's a simple explanation: after several years of taking pictures here in Japan I became frustrated that there were always these stupid fucking wires cluttering everything up. Really, they're everywhere. I suspect that earthquakes, post-typhoon landslides, etc. make underground cables unfeasible here, but I'm really not certain. Anyway, much like the Japanese, I'm an adaptable sort of guy. I decided simply to adjust the focus of my attention...
Click to enlarge.



3 comments:

  1. Ja, ja. Have you ever visited Mexico City? We have wires everywhere! There are only very few streets, usually the fanciest residential areas, where underground cabling is a must. But you have made some of them look beautiful. The post seems to be wearing a fancy hair-do, with those funny loops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usual Stuff,
    Hmm... Mexico is also prone to earthquakes, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, but what I don't understand is why aerial wires are considered safer when they may fall on people during an earthquake. If they break underground, there should be less casualties due to falling live wires, don't you think?.
    Anyway, it takes a special eye to make them look beautiful...

    ReplyDelete