Jeez, I'm starting to get bruises! I've been tagged not once, but twice. For both friends who've tagged me: thanks for thinking about me, but please don't take it wrong if I don't tag anyone else (my other friends are very busy these days saving whales, electing a Democrat, getting drunk, and other important stuff; I, on the other hand, having no principles whatsoever, have all kinds of free time!).
First of all, Taffiny at to taste a peach has honored me with the "Colors of Friendship Badge". Look!
Thanks, Taff, I really am happy that you consider me worthy of your friendship. (When you get that "Japan" novel published, though, I want a mention in the acknowledgments! And some publisher freebies when you hit Japan to promote it!)
The next one requires a bit more than humble thanks. Absolute Vanilla's alien chicken friend, Atyallah--by the way, AV, have you ever heard of yaki tori? The Japanese would just love to meat, er, meet Atyllah--has tasked me with :
* link to the person who tagged you (done!)
* post the rules on your blog (done!)
* share six non-important things/ habits/ quirks about yourself (to follow!)
* tag at least 3 people at the end of the post and link to their blogs (sorry!)
* let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog (ditto!)
Six "non-important things/ habits/ quirks" about me (Kyklops):
1. I don't believe in God, but I religiously do nothing on Sundays. Actually, I stole that from an old Elvin Bishop tune. Surely something to strive for, though... (What, that's important? Jeesh, get a life!)
2. My favorite hockey team is the Boston Bruins... (yeah, yeah, OK already: that one is important; fucking sue me, already...)
3. Sometimes I kinda... you know, wish I were Captain Kirk...
4. My favorite food is pizza. Before moving to Japan I would have said any pizza. Actually, I don't much care for pizza anymore...
5. I'm not important. Neither are you. Neither is anyone else. Whoopee!!
6. I drink about 5 gallons of coffee a day. And about 2 gallons of beer on Friday nights...