Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sun, Moon, Sky, and Trees

Here are some photos I've taken over the past few weeks. As you can see, they're thematically linked (but please don't take that as a claim for "art"!).

A rather barren tree with the sun and sky in the background.


The same tree, on a different day, with different light.


A whole mess o' branches.


Another barren-looking tree.


Tree, moon, and sky #1.


Tree, moon, and sky #2.


The leaves of a tree with the moon in the background, early evening.

6 comments:

  1. I never really thought about it, but yeah, I suppose they do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sequence. They're so open ended they give the viewer a lot of room for interpretation, More artistic than you're giving yourself credit for.

    On an unrelated note, if you haven't already seen this article, I thought you'd like it:
    http://firefly.yourjapan.jp/post/2/238

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the pics, Mr. Angry.
    That was an interesting link. I started out here as a "conversation" teacher, but I was hired and trained in Canada before coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said before, you have a special eye for beauty.
    What camera did you use to take those pics? It's capturing scenes like that which is making me willing to buy a mobile w/camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, Usual Stuff. Most of the pictures I post here are taken with one of two Canon digital cameras. One is a Powershot A40 (a few years old now), and the other is a fairly new video camera with a memory card for still shots (I'm at work and can't remember the model name, but it's a beauty--one of their high-end models; I'm still learning how to use it...).

    ReplyDelete