Saturday, June 04, 2011

Unrelated Segments

It looks like the exercise regimen I put myself on after being abducted and anally probed by aliens disguised as doctors is starting to show results. I've lost 4-5 kilos in the past few months, and last week I discovered that I've gone from a (Japan) large to medium at the local Uniqlo. I've had to make new holes in my belts. If I've cut down at all on eating, smoking, or drinking, it's only during the 1-2 hours a day I'm walking/exercising. Pretty good deal, I'd say. In fact, the walking/exercising itself is a bit addictive...
-----
This photo blows my mind.
-----
Oh, you hate your job?
-----
The web has saved my life: Unless I've been occupied at work or important family-related stuff, I've been able to watch my beloved Boston Bruins make their way to the finals of the Stanley Cup. There is *no* hockey on TV in Japan. I don't consider myself a particularly whiney kind of ex-pat (at least not for several years), but having hockey at mt fingertips is an incredible stress-reliever. Well, so long as the Bruins are winning, anyway...
-----
Is Game of Thrones good, or what? It reinforces my belief that TV will, eventually, eclipse movies. There may always be good movies, but stories with money and production unconstrained by a 2-hour "time limit"? Bring them on. Bring them all on...

2 comments:

  1. Game of Thrones has been my favorite show, this spring. The last episode was grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    Yeah they keep getting better each episode, don't they?

    ReplyDelete